Skip to main content

Hi, I'm Darian...

Hi, I'm Darian.

I'm a wife, a mom, a homemaker, a daughter, a sister, a friend - and a woman who didn't arrive here in a straight line. 

For a long time, I thought life was something to figure out if I just tried hard enough. If I was just good enough. Kind enough. Enchanting enough. Pretty enough. Fun enough. If I had enough substance. Intelligence. If I was memorable. I spent years striving, pushing, chasing a version of myself I thought I was supposed to be to a be a woman of worth. I had to be - not me. But along the way I made stupid choices, made more mistakes than I care to count -- some small, some not so small. The kinds that just ruin a day or could ruin your life. The kind that could have taken a life into a wide range of very different directions.  

In some ways, they did. 

But, here I am. 

It's not because I got everything right. Or because somehow I'm a better person now than I was at any other point of my life. Or smarter. Or less likely to make stupid decisions. It's not because I got anything right - but because I was called back. Gently (or sometimes not so gentle), patiently, and in ways that I didn't always recognize at the time. 

Through loss, illness, motherhood, marriage, choices, and my own missteps, I've learned that becoming isn't about perfection. Or being close enough. Or good enough. Or meeting some definition of worth. It's about returning. Again, and again. Even when it feels messy. Or hard. Or impossible. Even when it feels just, entirely too late. 

I learned that my faith is the quiet foundation beneath it all. Not something I claim to do perfectly (or even "okay"), but something that found me, held me, called for me, and led me back when I wandered further than I ever meant to. 

These days, I'm not chasing a perfect life. I'm just learning to live an honest one. 

One that values humility over image. 
Growth over pretending. 
Truth over appearances. 
Peace amongst the chaos. 
Slow in a world of instantaneous. 
Simplicity. 
Being a Christian over having a Holy Girl aesthetic. 

This space is an extension of that. Not a place for polished answers or carefully curated lives -- but a place to sit with the in-between. The rebuilding. The questions. The quiet steps forward...and sometimes the steps backwards too. 

You'll find reflections on identity, growth, faith, and the kind of life that's shaped more by what we've walked through than what we've planned or what we wished we were. 

Because if I've learned anything it's this: We are all a little flawed. 

A little fractured. 
And still - somehow - being made whole. 

If you've ever felt like you've gone too far... 
If you've made choices you wish you could undo... 
If you're finding your way back, even slowly... 

You are not alone here. 
You are welcome here. 


Always returning, 

The Prodigal Daughter

Comments